If you want to migrate to Australia under a general skilled migration visa, you need to ensure that you calculate your total points before you assure your eligibility. Australia has a very organized and structured point-based system for skilled migration visas. Some of these visas include:
• Skilled regional provisional visa subclass 489
If you want to receive any of the skilled migration visas, you need to have at least 60 points in the points test. If you want to apply but do not have enough knowledge about the importance of the points, you need to research on the internet.
The point-based visas for Australian immigration require you to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) from skill selection and invite the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) to apply for this visa.
Minimum Points Required
The basic number of points you need to receive an invitation is 60. If you get more points, you will have enhanced chances of receiving an invitation.
The criteria and the points that will be awarded to you for the points test are as follows:
1. If you are 18-24 years of age, you will receive 25 points.
2. If you are 25-32 years of age, you will get a minimum of 30 points.
3. If you are 30-39 years old, you will receive 25 points.
4. If you are 40-44 years old, you will receive about 15 points.
• English language ability
1. If you get an eight overall band score or more in superior English in the IELTS test, you will receive 20 points.
2. If you receive seven or more band scores in proficient English in the IELTS test, you will be awarded 10 points.
3. You will not be awarded any points if you receive six or more band scores in competent English in the IELTS test.
• Skilled employment
1. If you have eight to ten years of work experience in Australia, you will receive 20 points. If you worked for a similar time outside of Australia, you would receive 15 points.
2. If you have five to eight years of work experience in Australia, you will receive 15 points. If you worked for the same amount of years outside of Australia, you would get ten points.
3. If you have worked for three to five years of work experience in Australia, you will receive 10 points. Working for the same timeframe outside of Australia will grant you 5 points.
4. If you have one to three years of work experience in Australia, you will receive 5 points. If you have similar work experience outside of Australia, you will receive 5 points.
• Educational qualifications
1. If you have obtained a doctorate from an educational institution in Australia, you will receive 20 points.
2. If you have completed a Bachelor’s degree in Australia, you will receive about 15 points.
3. If you have a Diploma or a trade qualification from an Australian institute, you will receive about 10 points.
• Study requirements in Australia
For the visa subclass 189, you will receive five or more points for one or more degrees, be it diplomas or a trade qualification given by an Australian institute. You will also receive points if you meet the Australian study requirements.
• Studying in regional Australia
You can receive about five points if you meet Australian study requirements. For that, you must have studied in regional Australia or an area with less population when you are invited to apply for the 189 subclass visa.
• Partner skill qualifications
You can receive five points if your partner meets the following requirements:
2. English language proficiency
3. Practical skills assessment in a nominated occupation on the same occupation list as used for your visa application.
You will not gain points if your partner is:
1. An Australian citizen
2. A permanent resident of Australia
3. Not included on your visa application.
If a state or a territory government nominates you for visa subclass 190, you will receive 5 points. You can gain five bonus points for your point-based skilled migration visa by getting NAATI accreditation in community language or completing a professional year program.
NAATI CCL Test
Suppose you seek benefits in your goal to be a permanent resident of Australia. In that case, you are eligible to receive 5 points under CCL (Credentialed Community Language) points at a professional level or beyond.
• All these are possible if NAATI successfully accredits you. The National Accreditation Authority for Translators and interpreters introduced a CCL test that gives five points to international students for their points-based skilled nominated visa subclass 190.
• The CCL exam determines the ability of an applicant to interpret the conversation between two speakers who speak different languages. In the test, you are supposed to interpret two dialogues conveyed to you from recorded material.
• The dialogues include alternate conversation segments between an English speaker and a speaker speaking a language other than English (LOTE). It would help if you concluded the segments from LOTE to English and vice versa.
You will require an overall score of 63 marks or more in the CCL assessment Test with at least 29 out of 45 marks in all the dialogues to receive 5 points. Another way of earning an extra five points towards permanent residency is to complete a professional year program.
Professional Year Program
A professional year program is a well-organized Australian program that can provide you with an opportunity to develop communicative skills. The program runs for about 44 weeks, and 12 weeks from those are internships.
If you have doubts regarding this program, you can contact immigration consultants in Perth. The candidates who complete this program get experience working in Australian culture and can also receive five points towards their permanent resident visa application.
You will be eligible to get those extra points if you undertake a course under a professional year program under your nominated skilled occupation list. The course also needs to be at least a year long.
Who Can Apply for the Professional Year Program?
The professional year program courses are available for graduates in Accounting/Engineering and Computer Science. You can score five points if you have completed a legal professional year course in Australia in the last four years.
A registered migration agent in Perth could help you know about recent updates to the professional year program. Studying in Australia will not guarantee you get approval for the GSM visa; other pathways can also help boost your points score.
If you want to take a CCL test to claim the five bonus points and need a detailed understanding of the test, you can sign up online for the CCL tutorials. You can also prepare for the tests online or seek advice from experts.
Contact an Immigration Agent in Perth
If you desire to come to Australia for work, you need to apply for a skilled migration visa. There are different skilled migration visas, and you can earn bonus points to reside in Australia permanently.
There are many Immigration Agent Perth who can help to make you understand the rules and fill up application forms. Due to their experience as an agent, they can ensure your visa application will be granted.